Christopher regularly writes chapters and articles, as well as book reviews. You can read about his current book-length project Mischievous Forces here.
Chapters & Articles
“Plurality through Imagination: The Emergence of Online Tulpa Communities in the Making of New Identities,” Believing in Bits: Digital Technology and the Supernatural, edited by D.W. Pasulka and Simone Natale (Oxford: Oxford University Press, forthcoming 2018).
“The Poltergeist at the Intersection of the Spirit and the Material: Some Contemporary and Historical Observations,” Super Religion, edited by Jeffrey J. Kripal (Farmington Hills, Mich.: Macmillan Reference, 2016), 311-326.
With Eden S. French, “The Transmediumizers,” Damned Facts: Fortean Essays on Religion, Folklore, and the Paranormal, edited by Jack Hunter (Paphos: Cyprus: Aporetic Press, 2016), 97-112.
Encyclopedic entries on “Poltergeist,” “Psychokinesis,” “Animals and the Paranormal,” and “The Paranormal on Television” in Ghosts, Spirits, and Psychics: The Paranormal from Alchemy to Zombies, edited by Matt Cardin (Santa Barbara, Calif.: ABC-CLIO, 2015).
“Explicable Orbs, Spirit Wonders,” Paranormal Activity (Dis)Ambiguation, curated and edited by Sylvana d’Angelo (Vancouver: Project Space Press, 2015).
“Preserving Parapsychology,” Fortean Times 319 (October 2014), 56-57.
With Paul Cropper, “The Baldoon Mystery,” Fortean Times 215 (June 2014), 30-39.
“Turning to the Affective in Direct Experiences: An Interdisciplinary, Investigative Quest,” Paranthropology 4, no. 1(a) (January 2013), 41-50.
“BSHS-Sponsored Conferences: Science and Technology in the European Periphery,” Viewpoint: The Newsletter of the British Society for the History of Science 93 (October 2010).
- Review of Kelly Bulkeley’s Big Dreams: The Science of Dreaming and the Origins of Religion, The American Academy of Religion’s Reading Religion (30 November 2016), Online.
- Review of Jeffrey J. Kripal et al’s Comparing Religions, Fortean Times 321 (December 2014), 61-62.
- Review of Robert E. Bartholomew and Bob Rickard’s Mass Hysteria in Schools, Fortean Times 320 (November 2014), 58-59.
- Review of Christopher C. French and Anna Stone’s Anomalistic Parapsychology: Exploring Paranormal Belief and Experience, Journal of the Society for Psychical Research 78.4, no. 917 (October 2014), 249-251.
- Review of Shirley Hitchings and James Clark’s The Poltergeist Prince of London, Fortean Times 213 (March 2014), 60.
- Retrospective Review of William Roll’s The Poltergeist, Journal of Scientific Exploration 27, no. 3 (Fall 2013), 575–577.
- Review of Deonna Kelli Sayed’s Paranormal Obsession: America’s Fascination with Ghosts and Hauntings, Spooks and Spirits, Journal of the Society for Psychical Research 76.4, no. 909 (October 2012), 10-12.
- Review of Jeffrey J. Kripal’s Authors of the Impossible: The Paranormal and The Sacred, Journal of the Society for Psychical Research 75.1, no. 902 (January 2011), 44-47.