Upcoming and past talks. Dr. Laursen is available to give talks, presentations, and seminars on his research projects and studies. Please contact him if you are interested.
Upcoming talks will be announced on the home page and here.
- 2 August 2019: The Rhine, Durham, North Carolina: “Deepening Our Understanding of Psi Experiences.“
- 5-8 June 2019: Society for Scientific Exploration Conference, Broomfield, Colorado: “Implementing Interdisciplinary Intermediatism: Emerging Methods to Bring Consilience” (Poster)
- 8 November 2017: Philosophy & Religion Society, University of North Carolina Wilmington: “Imaginary Companions: Tulpas, between Religion and Psychology, from Tibet to the Internet.”
- 28 October 2017: College Day at the University of North Carolina Wilmington: “Frontier Sciences.”
- 10 June 2017: Novayana Society for Eastern and Western Studies, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta: “Opening Channels with the Poltergeist.”
- 3 February 2017: The AZIRE, Online: “Parapsychology and the Poltergeist.”
- 27 January 2017: The Rhine, Durham, North Carolina: “The Super Natural & The Self: The Dynamics of Paranormal Experiences.”
- 19 January 2017: The Jung Center, Houston, Texas: “The Super Natural & The Self: The Dynamics of Paranormal Experiences.”
- 30 November 2016: Institut für Grenzgebiete der Psychologie und Psychohygiene (IGPP), Freiburg, Germany: “Reimagining the Poltergeist Experience.”
- 21 November 2015: The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery, Toronto, Ontario: “The Poltergeist.” Part of Dora García’s Saturday Encounters for her exhibition I SEE WORDS, I HEAR VOICES.
- 1-6 November 2015: Further Reaches of the Imagination, Esalen Center for Theory and Research, Big Sur, California: “The Physical Metaphysical.”
- 1 August 2015: Lily Dale, New York: “The Poltergeist as Spirit or Thought-Form.”
- 20-24 October 2014: Imaginal Symposium, Esalen Center for Theory and Research, Big Sur, California: “The Making of the Twentieth-Century Poltergeist: Psychokinesis, Imagination, and Pop Culture.”
- 25 September 2014: Eva Brook Donly Museum & Archives, Simcoe, Ontario: “The Baldoon Mystery.”
- 21-23 March 2014: Exploring the Extraordinary 6, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania: “Of Thy Neighbour: Investigating who and what’s next door in cases of hauntings.”
- 26 September 2012: Work In Progress Seminar, UCL Centre for the History for Psychological Disciplines, University College London, England: “Psychical and Psychological: Approaches to Mental Health Issues in Post-War Investigations of Paranormal Claims.”
- 21-23 September 2012: Exploring the Extraordinary 4, York, England: “Reconstructing Seaford: A historical methodology to trace the rise of psychokinetic theory of the poltergeist phenomenon” and “The Fortean Tales of Lapis Lazu.”
- 7-9 September 2012: Society for Psychical Research, 36th Annual Conference, Northampton, England: “Delusions and Distress: Therapeutic Approaches in Post-War Psychical Research.”
- January 2012, University of Washington Interdisciplinary Graduate Conference, Seattle, Washington: “Supernatural interpretations of late-twentieth-century snapshot photography.”
- June 2010, Nead an Dreoilín (The Wren’s Nest), Dingle, Ireland: “Exploring Our Supernatural World.”
- June 2010: Science and Technology in the European Periphery, Galway, Ireland: “Becoming Lucía: Personality Transformation, Xenoglossy and Spiritualism in 1930s Budapest.”