Upcoming and past talks. I am available to give talks, presentations, and seminars on my research projects and studies. Please contact me if you are interested.
No talks scheduled at this time.
- 3 February 2017: The AZIRE, Online: “Parapsychology and the Poltergeist.”
- 27 January 2017: The Rhine, Durham, North Carolina: “The Super Natural & The Self: The Dynamics of Paranormal Experiences.”
- 19 January 2017: The Jung Center, Houston, Texas: “The Super Natural & The Self: The Dynamics of Paranormal Experiences.”
- 30 November 2016: Institut für Grenzgebiete der Psychologie und Psychohygiene (IGPP), Freiburg, Germany: “Reimagining the Poltergeist Experience.”
- 21 November 2015: The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery, Toronto, Ontario: “The Poltergeist.” Part of Dora García’s Saturday Encounters for her exhibition I SEE WORDS, I HEAR VOICES.
- 1-6 November 2015: Further Reaches of the Imagination, Esalen Institute, Big Sur, California: “The Physical Metaphysical.”
- 1 August 2015: Lily Dale, New York: “The Poltergeist as Spirit or Thought-Form.”
- 20-24 October 2014: Imaginal Symposium, Esalen Institute, Big Sur, California: “The Making of the Twentieth-Century Poltergeist: Psychokinesis, Imagination, and Pop Culture.”
- 25 September 2014: Eva Brook Donly Museum & Archives, Simcoe, Ontario: “The Baldoon Mystery.”
- 21-23 March 2014: Exploring the Extraordinary 6, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania: “Of Thy Neighbour: Investigating who and what’s next door in cases of hauntings.”
- 26 September 2012: Work In Progress Seminar, UCL Centre for the History for Psychological Disciplines, University College London, England: “Psychical and Psychological: Approaches to Mental Health Issues in Post-War Investigations of Paranormal Claims.”
- 21-23 September 2012: Exploring the Extraordinary 4, York, England: “Reconstructing Seaford: A historical methodology to trace the rise of psychokinetic theory of the poltergeist phenomenon” and “The Fortean Tales of Lapis Lazu.”
- 7-9 September 2012: Society for Psychical Research, 36th Annual Conference, Northampton, England: “Delusions and Distress: Therapeutic Approaches in Post-War Psychical Research.”
- January 2012, University of Washington Interdisciplinary Graduate Conference, Seattle, Washington: “Supernatural interpretations of late-twentieth-century snapshot photography.”
- June 2010, Nead an Dreoilín (The Wren’s Nest), Dingle, Ireland: “Exploring Our Supernatural World.”
- June 2010: Science and Technology in the European Periphery, Galway, Ireland: “Becoming Lucía: Personality Transformation, Xenoglossy and Spiritualism in 1930s Budapest.”